Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult, parent or guardian if a minor, must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home and remain with the patient at home until the patient is capable of basic self care .
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the procedure.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and secure and comfortable shoes.
- Contact lenses and jewelry should be removed and left at home prior to surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have a significant illness such as an upper respiratory infection, cough, stomach or bowel upset, please contact us as soon as possible so we assess your situation. We may elect to cancel your surgery for your safety.
- You should take your routine medications as instructed by the surgeon at the time of your evaluation. Take your medications with a small sip of water – only the amount needed for you to take the medication comfortably and at least two (2) hours prior to your surgery
CLICK HERE to download and print these instructions.